We have been facing the consequence of the deadly coronavirus for more than a year now. We know what coronavirus is, what are its impact on our health and how to remain safe. Are Air Purifiers a solution to save ourselves from this?
Instinctively, this virus has brought the question with itself that how all of us can protect ourselves from this highly contagious and deadly virus. Stadler Form decided to test the ability of its Roger air purifier whether it can filter coronaviruses by an independent laboratory – and the results were very convincing. And surprisingly, all the three air purifiers from the Roger family drastically reduce the SARS-CoV-2 viral load in the air within a short space of time.
How Air purifiers Work to Clear Air
Best air purifiers are ones that keep the air completely clean and helps you in breathing fresher air. It sanitizes the air for you which include removing pollutants, allergens, and toxins. These are exactly the opposite of essential oil diffusers and humidifiers, that add particles to the indoor air. Air purifiers also act differently than filters as they remove unwanted toxic particles from the air.
Testing is done to check how effective air purifiers are when it comes to fighting coronavirus. An MS2 virus is used in the testing which is similar to RNA virus-like the SARS-CoV-2 virus. It has aerosol properties like those of human viruses and thus its viability, and its resistance to disinfection is normally used in an air purifier to test as a substitute for viruses that shows similar properties.
There were proofs that showed a significant reduction of the smaller MS2 viruses. Thus, we can conclude that the larger SARS-CoV-2 viruses would also be reduced at least to a similar extent. This also brings us to the conclusion that air purifiers work wonders in cleaning the air.
Best Air purifiers for your Home
What are the best air purifiers in Australia that you can possibly consider for your home? Here is the list –
VBreathe Tasman Air Purifier And Detoxifier - It is a quiet, and efficient air purifier for rooms that measure up to 33 m2. It filters all kind of pollutants and gases and ensures clean and healthy air in your house. It comes with the feature that constantly measures the indoor air quality and immediately identifies gaseous pollutants like bad smells or volatile organic compounds (VOCs). VBreathe Tasman Air Purifier And Detoxifier notice that air quality is deteriorating, its indicator changes the colour. Some special features of this air purifier are –
- It Removes Most of SARS-CoV-2 which is a major spreader of COVID-19 disease.
- It comes with a washable pre-filter and has hygienic functions.
- It has an intelligent auto mode that automatically adjusts cleaning performance.
ROGER – This beautifully shaped air purifier comes with amazing features like being having a washable, textile pre-filter along with an integrated Sanitized hygiene function. Choose Roger to purify air at home or at work. It provides clean air in the rooms of sizes up to 66 m2 as it comes with two sensors and constantly keeps a check on the quality of the air and immediately identifies pollutants like unpleasant smells, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), fine dust particles, pollen, viruses (also including coronavirus) and other harmful bacteria.
Roger can remove approximately up to 99.3% of coronaviruses (SARS-CoV-2) from the air in one hour. If the air quality weakens, the indicators for air quality lets you know by changing colour and adjusts the cleaning performance automatically, as per the requirement with the help of intelligent auto mode. The more polluted is the air, the higher will be the level of performance of this magical air purifier. Some of its special features include -
- Capable of removing 99.3% of SARS-CoV-2 that causes COVID-19.
- Comes with washable pre-filter which is integrated with hygiene function.
- All of its functions can be controlled with the help of a smartphone app.
ROGER BIG – As the names shows, Roger big Air purifier provides clean air in bigger spaces like conference rooms, large halls, open-plan offices and similar large spaces of sizes up to 104m2
Apart from a few ones, it has most of the features like that of roger, and roger big only. The perfectly designed air purifier comes with do washable textile pre-filters and is integrated with Sanitized hygiene function. It has two Dual Filters that are a combination of a HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter. The H12 HEPA filter is highly efficient and can remove pollutants such as dust particles, allergens, pollen, viruses, and bacteria from the air while the activated carbon filter helps in absorbing harmful gases. It has the following special features that are quite like those of the other two air purifiers –
- It almost removes 99.9% of COVID-19 causing SARS-CoV-2.
- It has got integrated hygiene function and comes with a washable pre-filter.
- It can maintain and monitor air quality with the help of a mobile app.
VIKTOR – Polluted particles like fine dust, germs, pollen, odours, etc are easily removed by this amazing air purifier Viktor! This is a powerful air purifier that removes most of the polluting particles by putting in maximum effort and lets you take a deep breath of refreshing air! It comes with heavy five performance levels that are quite powerful, night-mode LED control lights (that are dimmable). This wonderful air purifier Viktor will never disappoint you when it’s about your good night’s sleep! Some of its amazing features include –
- It comes with filters for fine dust particles and unpleasant smell from the air.
- It is the best-suited air purifiers for allergy sufferers.
- It comes with washable particle filters.
How to choose air purifiers.
Following are the major points that you should consider while choosing an air purifier for you –
- Choose the right size as per space where you want to keep it.
- Should have the capability of filtering out pollutants that you are specifically looking for in your home or health requirements.
- Compare CADR ratings
- Go for the purifier that uses a HEPA filter.
- Also consider the noise level depending upon where you want to keep it and how less noisy air purifier you would prefer.
- Calculate the ongoing cost like maintenance and electricity cost for the air purifier that you are planning to buy.