- Direct Import - This product is an international version. Learn more
- Featuring 18 MP and Wi-Fi
- 3.0 frames per second and DIGIC 4+ processing
- 2.7-inch (6.8 cm) LCD screen
Buy Canon EOS 4000D (Kit 18-55mm III)
The EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 III Lens on the DSLR generates stand-out images and Full HD movies with colour and clarity, also allowing for partial and full manual photography control. The 18 Megapixel APS-C sensor helps you to photograph in low light while using interchangeable lenses. With the EOS 4000D's Wi-Fi and the Camera Connect app, you can point and shoot with Scene Intelligent Auto and share your images.
- With a 6.8 cm (2.7-inch) LCD screen, you can view the results instantly.
- With a wide choice of interchangeable lenses and accessories, you may expand your shooting options.
- A huge 18 Megapixel sensor with up to 19x greater surface area than comparable smartphones2 lets you shoot detailed shots into the darkness.
- With the remote control, take fun selfies and creative photographs from strange angles, then effortlessly share to social media and back up to the irista cloud with Wi-Fi1 and the Canon Camera Connect app.
- With the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 III Lens, you may enjoy the versatility of interchangeable lenses while capturing high-quality images of people and places.
- With Creative Auto mode, an in-camera feature guide, and the Photo Companion app, you can learn as you shoot (Android and iOS).
- With Scene Intelligent Auto, you can enjoy quick Auto Focus and full-resolution shooting at 3.0 frames per second. Simply point and shoot for spectacular results.
|Type||Approx. 22.3 mm x 14.9 mm|
|Effective Pixels||Approx. 18.0 megapixels|
|Total Pixels||Approx. 18.7 megapixels|
|Sensor Cleaning||Manual cleaning and Dust Delete Data acquisition|
|Colour Filter Type||RGB Primary Colour|
|Focal Length||Equivalent to 1.6x the focal length of the lens|
|Image Stabilisation||Optical Image Stabilizer provided on compatible lenses|
|Type||Via optical viewfinder|
|Via live view on LCD screen:||TTL secondary image-forming phase-difference detection system with AF-dedicated sensor|
|Contrast detection AF||AF System/ Points|
|Via optical viewfinder:||9 AF points (f/5.6 cross type at centre)|
|Via optical viewfinder:||AF working range|
|Via live view LCD screen:||Centre AF point: EV 0 -18 (at room temperature & ISO100)
Other AF points: EV 1 -18 (at room temperature & ISO100)
|AF Modes||EV 1 -18 (at room temperature & ISO100)|
|Via optical viewfinder:|
|AI Focus||One Shot AF
|Via live view LCD screen:||One Shot AF (Contrast detect AF)
Quick Mode (via phase detection AF sensor)
|Via optical viewfinder:||AF Point Selection|
|Via live view on LCD screen:||Automatic selection from up to 9 points
|Selected AF point
||display FlexiZone - Freely position 1 AF point via manual selection
Live Mode - Automatic selection with face detection
|Predictive AF||Indicated by superimposed display in the viewfinder and on the LCD monitor|
|AF Assist Beam||Locked when shutter button is pressed half way in One Shot AF mode. Customisation available via AE Lock Button|
|Manual Focus||Intermittent firing of built-in flash or emitted by optional dedicated Speedlite (effective up to 4.0 m)|
|Metering modes||Via optical viewfinder:|
|Via live view on LCD screen:
||Evaluative via 63 zones dual-layer metering sensor (linked to all AF points)
Partial (centre, approx. 10% of viewfinder)
Centre-weighted average available
|Metering Range||Evaluative metering (315 zones)|
|Via optical viewfinder:||EV 1-20 (at room temperature, ISO 100, evaluative metering)|
|Via live view on LCD screen:||EV 0-20 (at room temperature, ISO 100, evaluative metering)|
|AE Lock||Auto: In 1-shot AF mode with evaluative metering exposure is locked when focus is achieved.|
|Exposure Compensation||Manual: By AE lock button in creative zone modes.|
|AEB||+/-5 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments (can be combined with AEB).|
|ISO Sensitivity||3 shots +/- 2 EV, 1/2 or 1/3-stop increments|
|During Movie shooting:||Auto (100-6400), 100-6400 (Whole stop increments)|
|Type||Electronically-controlled focal-plane shutter, with electronic first curtain|
|Speed||30-1/4000 sec (1/2 or 1/3 stop increments), Bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)|
|Type||Auto white balance with the imaging sensor|
|Settings||AWB (Ambience priority, White priority), Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, White Fluorescent light, Flash, Custom (Approx. 2000 K - 10000 K). White balance compensation:
Magenta/ Green +/-9.
|Custom White Balance||Yes, 1 setting can be registered|
|WB Bracketing||+/-3 levels in single level increments
3 bracketed images per shutter release.
Selectable Blue/Amber bias or Magenta/Green bias.
|Coverage (Vertical/Horizontal)||Approx. 95%|
|Magnification||Approx. 0.80x 2|
|Eyepoint||Approx. 21mm (from eyepiece lens center)|
|Dioptre Correction||Fixed at -1.0 m-1 (dpt)
- E-series Dioptric Adjustment Lenses can be used to make dioptric adjustments.
|Mirror||Quick-return half mirror|
|Depth of field preview||Yes, assigned to SET button|
|Eyepiece shutter||On strap|
|Type||6.8 cm (2.7") TFT LCD, approx. 230 K dots|
|Viewing Angle (horizontally/vertically)||Approx. 120° vertically
Approx. 130° horizontally
|Brightness Adjustment||Adjustable to one of seven levels|
|Display Options||Quick Control Screen
|Built-in Flash GN (ISO 100, meters)||9.2|
|Built-in Flash Coverage||up to 17mm focal length (35mm equivalent: 28mm)|
|Built-in Flash recycle time||Approx. 2 seconds|
|Modes||Auto, Manual Flash On/off|
|X-sync||X-contact not equipped, Max. flash sync speed: 1/200 sec. with compatible Speedlites|
|Flash Exposure Compensation||+/- 2EV in 1/2 or 1/3 increments|
|Flash Exposure Lock||Yes|
|Second Curtain Synchronisation||Yes|
|HotShoe/ PC terminal||Yes/No|
|External Flash Compatibility||E-TTL II with EX series Speedlites 3|
|External Flash Control||Available via camera menu screen, except for wireless radio flash shooting settings|