- Direct Import - This product is an international version. Learn more
- Sensor with a resolution of 20.3MP
- Venus Engine Image Processor
- 4K video without cropping
Buy Panasonic DMC GH5 Body Only
The Panasonic DMC-GH5 is a powerful camera for enthusiasts who demand some of the best quality videos and stills. A newly developed processor, the Venus Engine paired with a 20.3MP sensor offering dramatically improved processing times over its predecessor. This feature allows for video recording at up to 60 fps, interior recording at 10 bits 4:2:2, Full HD video recording at up to 180 fps, continuous shooting at 12 fps, along with higher sensitivities up to ISO 25600.
Moreover, the camera features a built-in stabilization sensor with 5-axis movement which can work with certain lenses to activate Dual IS 2.0, the world's most effective shake correction which compensates for up to 5 stops of the shutter speed difference. In addition, the Advanced DFD autofocus system is faster and more accurate than ever before, and the camera can capture photos at speeds up to 30 fps and 60 fps. In addition to all these improvements on the inside, the body has seen some significant improvements as well. For viewing and composing images both the 0.76x OLED viewfinder and 3.2-inch free-angle touchscreen received resolution bumps to 3.68m dots and 1.62 m dots, respectively.
- It features a new 20.3MP Digital Live MOS sensor without an optical low pass filter along with a new Venus Engine processor, which Panasonic claims will produce the best images ever from a Lumix camera.
- In addition to offering multiple picture styles for using in-camera LUTs, there is also an advanced feature that provides a more gradable image called CINELIKE V and CINELIKE D. The user can also implement over cranking or undercranking to achieve higher frame rates (80 fps) or slower frame rates (60 fps). Furthermore, there is a 4K Anamorphic mode that allows you to record in a 4:3 aspect ratio for adjusting in post-production.
- Multiple options are available for the GH5, which is designed to provide better video recording capabilities. Among these are optional upgrades like V-Log L and separate accessories such as the XLR Microphone Adapter, which provides XLR inputs and physical controls through the hot shoe.
- The 3.5mm input and output jacks on the device can also be used to connect standard microphones and headphones.
- In addition to its outstanding stills capabilities, the GH5 is a powerful video camera. The flagship feature of the camera is UHD 4K video recording at up to 60 frames per second, though another excellent feature is the ability to record 4:2:2 10-bit files at resolutions up to DCI and UHD 4K at 24/30 frames per second. The camera comes with a standard HDMI port for external monitors and recorders to take advantage of the 4:2:2 10-bit output at all settings. In addition, the camera records high-quality images without compression artifacts thanks to its high bit rate.
- The camera can shoot stills at 60 frames per second rate or 30 frames per second rate when recording video. Burst The burst mode allows you to simultaneously record 12 MP stills as well as a fast 30 frames per second rate. The pre batch mode is ideal when unsure of precisely when the shutter button should be pressed since the camera records images one second prior to and one second after pressing the button, so you'll have 60 frames to choose from. Using this mode is most like recording video; during playback, you can pause at the selected moment, and then hit the shutter button to select a frame from the video that you want to save as an individual 8 or 18 MP frame.
- In addition to the front dial, the rear dial also offers intuitive control for aperture and shutter speed. A dedicated exposure compensation dial and assignable function buttons are also included alongside the built-in 5 GHz Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity. Another notable feature is the ability to remotely control the camera from smartphones and tablets via Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy. Additionally, the use of Bluetooth LE allows your mobile device to be always connected to you, allowing you to perform functions like geolocation and automatic photo transferring.
- The sensor-shift image stabilization technology in the GH5, Dual IS 2 has a lens-based image stabilization system that compensates for a broader range of movement types, thus producing sharper, clearer images. Dual Image Stabilization is only available with compatible Lumix lenses equipped with O.I.S. This stabilization system is capable of compensating for approximately 5 stops of camera shake.
- There is an eye-level composition technique with a large OLED Live View Finder with 3,86m-dot resolution and a 0.76x magnification.
- For more memory capacity and display capabilities, the 3.2" 1.62m-dot rear RGBW LCD monitor offers a free angle, tilt, and swivel design that allows for viewing from different angles. It uses a touchscreen for intuitive menu navigation and settings control. The GH5 also features Auto-Switching, which automatically switches cards when one becomes full; Backup Recording, which simultaneously records data on both cards; and Allocation Recording, which lets you save certain files to individual cards for an easier organization.
- In order to accelerate autofocus performance, Advanced DFD (Depth-from-Defocus) technology is used to quickly calculate the distance to subjects and adjust the focus position in as little as 0.05 seconds, enabling continuous shooting at up to 9 frames per second with continuous AF.
- In addition to the fast 1/8000 sec. shutter speed, the camera offers a 1/250-second flash sync speed. The electronic shutter function also offers a fast 1/16,000-second shutter speed for better working in bright conditions and with wide aperture settings.
|Lens Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Sensor Type||17.3 x 13 mm (4/3") MOS|
|Sensor Resolution||Actual: 21.77 Megapixel
Effective: 20.3 Megapixel (5184 x 3888)
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Image File Format||JPEG, Raw|
|Image Stabilization||Sensor-Shift, 5-Axis|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 200 to 25600 (Extended: 100 to 25600)|
Electronic Front Curtain Shutter
1/8000 to 60 Seconds
1 to 30 Minutes in Bulb Mode
1/16000 to 1/24 Second in Movie Mode
1/16000 to 1 Second
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Multiple, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-5 to +5 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|Metering Range||0 to 18 EV|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, Incandescent, Shade, White Set 1, White Set 2, White Set 3, White Set 4|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 12 fps at 20.3 MP
Up to 30 fps at 18 MP
Up to 60 fps at 8 MP
MOV/MP4 4:2:2 10-Bit
DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 23.976p/24.00p [150 to 400 Mb/s]
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p [150 to 400 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 50p/59.94p [100 to 200 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p [100 to 200 Mb/s]
MOV/MP4 4:2:0 8-Bit
DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 23.976p/24.00p [100 Mb/s]
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 50p/59.94p [150 Mb/s]
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p [100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/180p [100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 50p/59.94p [28 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 25p/29.97p [20 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/24.00p [24 Mb/s]
MP4 4:2:0 10-Bit
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p [72 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 50p/59.94p [28 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 50i/59.94i [17 to 24 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p [24 Mb/s]
|External Recording Modes||4:2:2 10-Bit|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
External Microphone Input
|Audio File Format||AAC, Dolby Digital 2ch|
|Focus Type||Auto and Manual Focus|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Flexible (AFF), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Contrast Detection: 225|
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-4 to +18 EV|
|Viewfinder Resolution||3,686,000 Dot|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||21 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.76x|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +3|
|Display Type||Articulating Touchscreen LCD|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Auto/Red-Eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced On/Red-Eye Reduction, Off, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction|
|Maximum Sync Speed||1/250 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||TTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe, PC Terminal|
|Media/Memory Card Slot||Dual Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II)|
|Connectivity||3.5mm Headphone, 3.5mm Microphone, 2.5mm Sub-Mini, HDMI A (Full Size), USB Type-C (USB 3.0)|
|Operating Temperature||14 to 104°F / -10 to 40°C|
|Operating Humidity||10 to 80%|
|Battery||1 x DMW-BLF19 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 1860 mAh|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||5.5 x 3.9 x 3.4" / 138.5 x 98.1 x 87.4 mm|
|Weight||1.59 lb / 725 g (Body with Battery and Memory)|