- Direct Import - This product is an international version. Learn more
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Three Aspherical and Two HR Elements
Buy Samyang AF 18mm f/2.8 FE Lens for Sony E-Mount
Samyang's AF 18mm f/2.8 FE is also notable for its especially compact and lightweight design. In addition to being a suitable choice for landscape, architecture, and interior photography, this rectilinear wide-angle lens can also be used in astrophotography. Using aspherical, high refractive index, and extra-low dispersion elements in its optical design, reduces a variety of aberrations to produce well-controlled, sharp, and clear images. Additionally, Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress flares and ghosting for improved contrast and colour accuracy. A Sony camera's autofocus system also works with the lens's linear STM motor for quick, quiet, and precise focusing performance. Manual override is also available for additional control.
- An ultra-wide-angle prime lens built specifically for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras can also be used with APS-C cameras since it has a 27mm equivalent focal length.
- Compact and lightweight, while fast enough to work in available light conditions, the f/2.8 maximum aperture makes it possible to achieve a compact, lightweight design.
- In order to reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing, three extra-low dispersion elements are employed.
- Sharpness and resolution are improved by controlling spherical aberrations and distortions with three aspherical elements and two high-refractive index elements.
- To enhance contrast and neutralize colours, an Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to the individual elements to reduce flare and ghosting.
- For quick, quiet, and precise autofocus control, Sony cameras' linear STM autofocus motor is integrated. You can also use the manual focus override feature to refine your focus position.
- The internal focusing design maintains the overall length of the lens and prevents it from rotating when in use.
- By including a lens hood, stray light can be blocked from causing flares and ghosting.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||100.1°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.84"" / 25 cm|
|Optical Design||9 Elements in 8 Groups|
|Filter Size||58 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.5 x 2.38"" / 63.5 x 60.5 mm|
|Weight||5.11 oz / 145 g|