- Direct Import - This product is an international version. Learn more
- 61MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor & Front-End LSI
- 567-Point Phase-Detection AF System
Buy Sony Alpha a7R IVA Body Only
The Sony Alpha's fourth version of the a7R features an upgraded 61MP Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor and a BIONZ X image processor, which provide sharper, more detailed images with a 15-stop dynamic range well as notable speed. The camera can shoot up to 10 frames per second and record UHD 4K30 video, both with Real-time Eye AF and Tracking AF capabilities. The Fast Hybrid AF system can increase focusing accuracy and speed, which consists of 567 phase-detection AF points.
- It includes a new UXGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF that features a 6.76 million-dot resolution for clear, bright, and rich detail viewing, while a High-Quality setting enables a 120 fps rate to provide smooth playback of moving subjects.
- With the updated Multi-Interface Shoe, users can record audio with the optional ECM-B1M Shotgun Microphone or XLR-K3M XLR Adapter Kit, which records the audio digitally, as opposed to through an analog signal, to provide improved sound.
- According to Sony, the battery life of the a7R IVA with the EVF is about 530 shots or 660 shots with the screen on the back. This is the same battery as its predecessor.
- In addition to the EVF, a rear LCD screen of 3.0" 2.36m dots can be operated intuitively with a touch panel. The LCD screen also tilts upward 107° and downward 41° to facilitate viewing from high and low angles.
- The a7R IVA comes with integrated Wi-Fi that allows users to communicate instantly with mobile devices via social networking, email, and cloud storage sites. The camera supports both the 2.4 and 5.0 GHz bands for wireless tethered shooting, and NFC (Near Field Communication) allows quick connections to mobile devices, with no complicated setup required. Once connected, the device can display a live view image and remotely control the camera.
- A magnesium alloy chassis ensures robustness, durability, and stability while remaining lightweight; the lens mount has also been improved so that heavy lenses can be mounted more securely, and the grip has been improved for increased comfort when palming the device.
- In addition to a micro-USB port, a USB 3.2 Type-C port is integrated to provide tethering support faster and more reliably. While connected to the host, the camera can be charged.
- Both of the SD memory card slots support UHS-II memory cards, which provide faster transfer speeds than SD memory cards for flexible file storage and handling.
- It also has the ability to connect external microphones via a 3.5mm jack.
- Location data can be acquired using Bluetooth connectivity.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Sensor Type||35.7 x 23.8 mm (Full-Frame) CMOS|
|Sensor Resolution||Actual: 62.5 Megapixel
Effective: 61 Megapixel (9504 x 6336)
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Image File Format||JPEG, Raw|
|Image Stabilization||Sensor-Shift, 5-Axis|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 32000 (Extended: 50 to 102400)|
|Shutter Speed||Mechanical Shutter
1/8000 to 30 Second
1/8000 to 1/4 Second in Movie Mode
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Highlight Weighted, Multiple, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-5 to +5 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Metering Range||-3 to 20 EV|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade, Underwater|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 10 fps at 61 MP for up to 68 Frames (JPEG)|
|Recording Modes||XAVC S
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p [60 to 100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p [16 to 100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 50i/59.94i [17 to 24 Mb/s]
|External Recording Modes||4:2:2 8-Bit
DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/50i/50p/59.94i/59.94p
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto: 100 to 12800
Manual: 100 to 32000
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
External Microphone Input (Stereo)
|Focus Type||Auto and Manual Focus|
|Focus Mode||Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 567
Contrast Detection: 425
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-3 to +20 EV|
|Viewfinder Type||Electronic (OLED)|
|Viewfinder Resolution||5,760,000 Dot|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||23 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.78x|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +3|
|Display Type||Tilting Touchscreen LCD|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Fill Flash, Hi-Speed Sync, Off, Rear Sync, Red-Eye Reduction, Slow Sync, Wireless|
|Maximum Sync Speed||1/250 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||S-TTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe, PC Terminal|
|Media/Memory Card Slot||Dual Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II)|
|Connectivity||3.5mm Headphone, 3.5mm Microphone, HDMI D (Micro), USB Type-C (USB 3.2 Gen 1)|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Battery||1 x NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 2280 mAh (Approx. 530 Shots)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||5.07 x 3.8 x 3.05" / 128.9 x 96.4 x 77.5 mm|
|Weight||1.46 lb / 665 g|