- Direct Import - This product is an international version. Learn more
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/16
- Two XA Elements, One Super ED Element
Buy Sony FE 14mm f/1.8 GM Lens
Sony's FE 14mm f/1.8 GM is a fast, versatile lens ideal for use in landscape, nature, architectural, and astrophotography applications. It offers an extremely wide-but-useful perspective in combination with an aperture of f/1.8 for superior performance and greater control over depth of field under low light conditions. To control chromatic aberrations, two extra-low dispersion elements and one super ED element are employed; along with two XA (extreme aspherical) elements for controlling spherical aberrations. To minimize ghosting and lens flare when working in high light, a Nano AR II coating was applied.
- Designed as part of Sony's premium G Master series, this lens achieves exceptional sharpness and resolution through the correction of a wide range of spherical and chromatic aberrations. In addition, the lens designs are robust and easy to handle, so they are suitable for both photography and filmmaking.
- In addition to offering a 21mm equivalent focal length to full-frame mirrorless cameras, the versatile ultra-wide-angle prime is also suitable for APS-C cameras.
- In addition to its fast maximum aperture of f/1.8, it offers greater control over the depth of field under difficult lighting conditions.
- It features two extremely aspherical (XA) elements, and one standard aspherical element, which provides coma, distortion, or astigmatism, and improved surface precision for superior optical performance.
- The lens design features one Super ED element in addition to two extra-low dispersion elements, which reduce chromatic aberrations for better clarity and neutral colors.
- For enhanced contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions, Nano AR Coating II has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting. In particular, it can minimize internal reflections on larger, curved elements.
- With an XD Linear Motor, autofocus, and tracking are quick, quiet, and precise thanks to two motors and internal focusing. Besides improving manual focus control, the Linear Response design also includes an AF/MF switch on the lens barrel for quick switching between focus modes.
- Taking dynamic close-up photos is easy with the minimum focusing distance of 9.8".
- For intuitive visual controls and quick access to selected programmable settings, there is a focus hold button located on the barrel of the lens.
- It also has a lock-out position for automatic exposure as well as a physical aperture ring that can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching for video applications.
- Rubberized control rings make it easier to handle the switches in cold weather. Dust- and moisture-sealed design makes it more durable in inclement weather conditions.
- Front and rear elements are fluorine-coated to resist dust, moisture, and fingerprints.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||114 Degree|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.8" / 25 cm|
|Optical Design||14 Elements in 11 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||Gel Filter (Rear)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.3 x 3.9" / 83 x 99.8 mm|
|Weight||1 lb / 460 g|