- Direct Import - This product is an international version. Learn more
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/16
- Three XA Elements
Buy Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM Lens (SEL50F12GM)
Sony's FE 50mm f/1.2 GM lens offers a bright f/1.2 design and advanced optics, all while remaining portable and lightweight for day-to-day shooting. G Master lenses prioritize resolution and bokeh, and this 50mm f/1.2 offers a dependable, user-friendly design that's easy to use and strong enough for harsh conditions. Featuring advanced optical designs and specialized elements, G Master lenses emphasize sharpness and bokeh quality. Autofocus and subject tracking is quick, quiet, and precise thanks to the four XD Linear Motors. An AF/MF switch on the lens barrel allows for tactile control over this setting, and this design also contributes to a more natural, intuitive Linear Response manual focus system.
- A high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering is achieved with three XA (extreme aspherical) elements.
- With Nano AR Coating II, surface reflections, flares, and ghosting are reduced for improved color rendering in bright lighting conditions. As a result of this new coating, XD (extreme dynamic) linear motors can deliver high thrust for moving heavier, larger elements and focus groups, as necessary for producing an f/1.2 lens. Additionally, the focusing system is able to achieve accurate focus when using extremely shallow depths of field. It minimizes internal reflections especially well and is particularly adept at large, curved elements.
- Optimal and consistent sharpness throughout the focus range is ensured thanks to the floating focus mechanism.
- The 50mm focal length is suitable for a wide variety of subjects and shooting applications, including portraits, street photography, landscapes, and lifestyle pictures.
- Despite its impressive maximum aperture of f/1.2, the f/1.2 lens provides very shallow depth of field results when selectively focusing on subjects against busy backgrounds.
- Additionally, the f/1.2 design makes it easier to shoot handheld and to work with faster shutter speeds in low-light situations.
- Diaphragm with 11 blades produces a circular and smooth bokeh.
- In addition to improving focus performance, internal focusing helps maintain a consistent overall lens length.
- The 1.3' minimum focusing distance, 0.17x maximum magnification, and bright f/1.2 aperture create shallow depth of field photography with a sharp subject and a soft background.
- Although it has a wide f/1.2 maximum aperture, complex optical design, and an advanced AF system, this lens manages to be relatively compact and lightweight for everyday handheld use, measuring 3.4 x 4.4" and weighing 1.7 lbs.
- The lens barrel features two focus hold buttons for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Video applications can benefit from smooth, silent aperture switching with de-clicking of the physical aperture ring.
- Sealing keeps dust and moisture out, while rubberized control rings make handling easier when temperatures are colder.
- An element with a fluorine coating resists dust, moisture, and fingerprints, and is easy to clean.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||47°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.3' / 40 cm|
|Optical Design||14 Elements in 10 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||11, Rounded|
|Filter Size||72 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.4 x 4.3" / 87 x 108 mm|
|Weight||1.7 lb / 778 g|