- Direct Import - This product is an international version. Learn more
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.5 to f/22
- Minimum Focus Distance: 13.8"
Buy Sony FE 50mm f/2.5 G Lens
Sony's FE 50mm f/2.5 G Lens features an ultra-compact design. In addition to being versatile for shooting street, portrait, and documentary subjects, this lens features an advanced optical design that provides sharp, clear, and well-corrected images. Furthermore, the ultra-compact size of 2.7 x 1.8" makes it easy to carry. The optics are enhanced by multicoating which reduces flare and ghosting for better contrast. The optical system is complemented by a two-motor linear focusing system that delivers exceptionally quiet, precise, and quick autofocus.
- A robust and easy-to-use design makes this lens a good choice for both photography and cinema applications, as the lens corrects spherical and chromatic aberrations to deliver typically high resolution and sharpness.
- Despite its 50mm focal length being designed for full-frame Sony mirrorless cameras, this lens can also be used on APS-C cameras, providing a focal length equivalent to 75mm.
- For optimum sharpness and minimal distortion, aspherical elements are incorporated into the optical design and feature superior surface precision to effectively control astigmatism, field curvature, coma, distortion, and other spherical aberrations.
- The lens design includes an element with an extremely low dispersion, which helps to reduce color aberrations and to improve clarity and color neutrality.
- An internal focusing design, along with two XD Linear Motors, enables rapid, quiet, and precise autofocus performance. As a result, manual focus control is also natural and intuitive, and the AF/MF switch is located directly on the barrel for easy use.
- There is a focus hold button on the lens barrel that provides intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Video applications can benefit from a de-clicked physical aperture ring for smooth, silent aperture switching.
- Rubberized control rings provide better handling when temperatures are colder, while the dust- and moisture-proof design is better suited to inclement weather.
- Selective focus techniques are enhanced by the 7-blade rounded diaphragm.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||47 Degree|
|Minimum Focus Distance||13.8" / 35 cm|
|Optical Design||9 Elements in 9 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||49 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.7 x 1.8" / 68 x 45 mm|
|Weight||6.1 oz / 174 g|