- Direct Import - This product is an international version. Learn more
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- One XA Element and Three ED Elements
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
Buy Sony SEL FE 85mm f/1.4 GM Lens
Sony's FE 85mm f/1.4 GM is a fast, short telephoto lens designed for mirrorless digital cameras. The lens' fast maximum aperture of f/1.4 and flattering perspective make it versatile in low light conditions, capable of isolating focus for shallow depth of field effects. As an additional enhancement, the Nano AR coating has been applied to reduce ghosting and lens flare, which increases contrast and colour fidelity in high contrast situations. An 85mm lens with a bright f/1.4 aperture and a short focal length is ideal for portraiture and other situations requiring precise focus control. There are three low dispersion optical elements to control chromatic aberrations, as well as a XA (extremely aspherical) element to reduce spherical aberrations, leading to crisp, clear images. Focus is controlled through a linear SSM (Super Sonic Wave Motor) that is quiet and fast, and also provides for better manual control. In addition to a dust and moisture proof design, the lens features a focus hold button, AF/MF switch, and manual aperture ring for enhanced control while shooting.
- In addition to giving you greater control over the focus position when working under challenging lighting conditions, f/1.4 maximum aperture also benefits you when you need to operate in difficult lighting conditions.
- An intuitive focus hold button on the lens barrel provides fast access to select settings and intuitive tactile control.
- To benefit video applications, the physical aperture ring can be de clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching.
- Furthermore, the optical design features exceptional surface precision and is effective at eliminating aberrations such as coma, spherical aberrations, and astigmatism.
- Featuring three extra low dispersion elements, the lens design helps to reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing while at the same time improving clarity and neutrality.
- In addition, these lenses have robust and intuitively designed physical designs that benefit both photography and cine applications.
- Portrait length prime designed for mirrorless cameras with APS-C sensors, this 85mm f/1.4 provides 127.5mm equivalent focal length when mounted on full frame E-mount cameras.
- In addition to providing quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance, the linear Super Sonic wave motor system and internal focus mechanism contribute to a more natural, easy to use experience.
- Manual focus control allows for easy manual focus adjustment. On the barrel of the lens is a tactile switch for controlling this setting.
- Rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures and dust and moisture proof design allows working in inclement conditions.
- Selective focus techniques are enhanced by the round diaphragm lens features, which provides pleasing bokeh effects.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||29°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||2.62' / 80 cm|
|Optical Design||11 Elements in 8 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||11, Rounded|
|Filter Size||77 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.52 x 4.23" / 89.5 x 107.5 mm|
|Weight||1.8 lb / 820 g|