- Direct Import - This product is an international version. Learn more
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to 16
- Zeiss T* Anti-Reflective Coating
Buy Sony Zeiss Distagon T FE 35mm f/1.4 ZA Lens
Sony's Distagon T* FE 35mm f/1.4 ZA Lens combines a classic wide-angle focal length with excellent optical performance for full-frame E-mount shooters. Shooters will benefit from the maximum aperture of f/1.4 as well as the ability to create images with a shallow depth of field. In addition to three aspherical components, one Advanced Aspherical (AA) component reduces aberrations. Zeiss T* anti-reflective coating reduces flares and ghosting for a sharp, contrasty image. The Schneider AF Super Sonic wave Motor (SSM) has a direct drive system, meaning the lens can focus fast and accurately. The AF/MF switch, as well as the physical aperture ring, can be de-clicked for smoother iris changes while recording video.
- The lens's optical design is based on Zeiss Distagon technology and utilizes 12 elements in eight groups, helping it achieve a large maximum aperture of f/1.4 while also minimizing vignetting and spherical aberrations.
- To enhance image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity, Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings are applied to the lens surfaces.
- Astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other aberrations can be effectively controlled with the use of one Advanced Aspherical (AA) and two aspherical elements in the optical design.
- The 35mm equivalent focal length of this wide-angle prime lens will be 52.5mm on APS-C cameras with integrated E-mounts.
- A fast maximum aperture of f/1.4 benefits shooting in adverse lighting conditions, as well as allowing greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Video applications benefit from a smooth, silent aperture switching process via the physical aperture ring de-clicking.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed construction makes it easier to handle in adverse weather conditions, while rubberized control rings provide better effectiveness in cold temperatures.
- Through the direct drive Super Sonic Wave Motor autofocus system and internal focus mechanism, quick, quiet, and precise autofocus is achieved, and the manual focus control is more intuitive and natural. For tactile control over this setting, there is an AF/MF switch on the lens barrel.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||63 Degree|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.81" / 30 cm|
|Optical Design||12 Elements in 8 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||72 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.09 x 4.41" / 78.5 x 112 mm|
|Weight||1.39 lb / 630 g|