- Direct Import - This product is an international version. Learn more
- E-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 35mm equivalent range of 25.5-105mm
- Aperture range of f/2.8 to f/16
Buy Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 Di III A VC RXD Lens for Sony E mount
This Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD lens covers APS-C format Sony E mount mirrorless cameras in the 25.5-105mm range. The lens provides an exceptionally wide field of view and a short telephoto range, making it suitable for everyday shooting in challenging lighting conditions. The fast and constant aperture increases the depth of field control, and it is enhanced by optical features such as aspheric and low dispersion elements. Individual elements are also treated with Tamron's BBAR coating, which provides better contrast when shooting with light sources that are bright or harsh.
In addition to the zoom design, the camera also has a vibration compensation image stabilization system, which diminishes the appearance of camera shake for steadier photography and video in low light conditions. A stepping motor on this lens is also aimed at enabling quick, near-silent autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override and a minimum focusing distance of 7.5-inch. The coating on the front element also helps prevent smudging and fingerprints.
- In addition to its wide-angle to the short telephoto field of view, this versatile zoom lens covers APS-C mirrorless cameras with a 25.5-105mm equivalent focal length range.
- Featuring a super-quiet, immediate, and smooth focusing response, the RXD (Rapid extra silent stepping Drive) autofocus motor delivers impressive performance in both still and video shots. Dedicated manual focus override is also available, and the system is compatible with Sony's Direct Manual Focus function or fine-tuned manual control. The minimum focusing distance is 7.5" and the magnification maximum is 1:4.8.
- The constant maximum aperture of f/2.8 allows for refined control of the depth of field and continuous brightness throughout the zoom range.
- To achieve a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering, two moulded glass aspherical elements work together with one hybrid aspherical element.
- Through the use of two LD (Low Dispersion) elements, colour fringing and chromatic aberrations are greatly reduced throughout the zoom range.
- Using the lens in inclement weather is easier thanks to the moisture-resistant construction and the fluorine coating on the front element prevents dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Pleasing bokeh quality is achieved through the diaphragm's nine blades.
- BB to achieve greater contrast and colour fidelity when working in bright lighting conditions, BBAR (Broad-Band Anti Reflection) coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting.
- The image stabilization feature minimizes the appearance of camera shake, allowing handheld shooting under difficult lighting conditions to be more successful.
|Focal Length||17 to 70mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 25.5 to 105mm)|
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||79 degree 55' to 23 degree 0'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||7.5 inch / 19 cm|
|Optical Design||16 Elements in 123 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||67 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||2.9 x 4.7" / 74.6 x 119.3 mm|
|Weight||1.2 lb / 525 g|