- Direct Import - This product is an international version. Learn more
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Six Low Dispersion Elements
- Three Aspherical Elements
Buy Tamron 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD for Sony E mount (A056S)
Tamron 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD lens has a sophisticated optical design that includes a series of low dispersion and aspherical elements to correct a variety of aberrations and a BBAR-G2 coating helps to reduce flare and ghosting for high contrast and colour accuracy.
- Tamron 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens is a versatile telephoto zoom that is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 105-270mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent brightness throughout the zoom range and offers improved control over the depth of field.
- Six low dispersion elements, including both XLD (eXtra Low Dispersion) and LD (Low Dispersion) designs, greatly reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to realize improved clarity and colour accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements, including both glass-moulded and hybrid types, help to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion for high sharpness and accurate rendering throughout the zoom range.
- BBAR-G2 (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection Generation 2) Coating has been applied to individual elements in order to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting to achieve greater contrast and colour fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Two VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motors deliver impressively quiet, quick, and precise focusing performance to suit both stills and video applications.
- Tamron 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens has two VXD units that work in conjunction with a floating elements system to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range.
- When working with manual focus at the 70mm focal length position, it is possible to focus as closely as 10.6" with a 1:2 maximum magnification ratio, however, peripheral image quality may be reduced.
- A moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens' use in inclement conditions and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- The rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
A zoom Lock switch prevents unwanted barrel extension during transportation.
|Focal Length||70 to 180mm|
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Angle of View||34° 21' to 13° 42'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||10.63" / 27 cm|
|Macro Reproduction Ratio||1:2|
|Optical Design||19 Elements in 14 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||67 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.19 x 5.87" / 81 x 149 mm|
|Weight||1.78 lb / 810 g|