- Direct Import - This product is an international version. Learn more
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
Buy Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens for Canon EF
Tamron's revised SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 is a fast standard zoom lens with a versatile wide-angle to portrait-length range. Three glass-moulded aspherical elements, two extra refractive elements and one hybrid aspherical element, combined with eBAND and BBAR coatings reduce flare and ghosting while improving contrast and colour accuracy. Besides its optical qualities, this lens incorporates a USM autofocus motor to deliver remarkably quick, quiet and precise focusing as well as being suitable for both still and video applications. In difficult lighting conditions, 5 stop vibration compensation reduces camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Moreover, the lens is moisture-resistant and has a fluorine coating on the front element for protection against harsh environmental conditions.
- Aspheric elements in three glass moulded forms as well as a hybrid element aid in eliminating chromatic aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range to produce sharp, accurate images.
- Ultrasonic Silent Drive autofocus motors deliver fast and precise focusing performance for working with moving subjects. With this motor, focus can be manually adjusted at any time, and it can focus on objects up to 1.25' away.
- In the optical design, we employed two extra refractive (XR) and three low dispersion (LD) elements to noticeably reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations to improve clarity, colour fidelity, and apparent sharpness.
- Compatible with optional TAP in Console for fine-tuning select focusing adjustments as well as updating the firmware on the lens.
- An aperture of f/2.8 is bright throughout the zoom range and provides assurance of brightness in difficult lighting situations.
- A fluorine-coated front lens element offers additional protection against dust, dirt, and smearing. This lens features moisture-resistant construction for use in inclement weather.
- For improved contrast in backlit conditions, Both eBAND and BBAR coatings are applied to suppress ghosting and lens flare.
- When shooting handheld in difficult lighting conditions, VC image stabilization can help minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to five stops. There are also separate VC modes for different shooting styles: Mode 1 provides a balanced setting for general use, while Mode 2 accommodates panning movement exclusively.
- A diaphragm with nine blades lends the picture a pleasing bokeh quality.
|Focal Length||24 to 70mm|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Angle of View||84° 4' to 34° 21'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.25' / 38.1 cm|
|Optical Design||17 Elements in 12 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Size||82 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.48 x 4.4" / 88.4 x 111.8 mm|