- Direct Import - This product is an international version. Learn more
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- One XLD Element, Five LD Elements
- eBAND, BBAR, and Fluorine Coatings
Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens for Canon EF (A025E)
Popular telephoto zoom for a variety of shooting applications, this Canon EF-mount SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens from Tamron is characterized by its bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture, as well as sophisticated optical and physical designs. Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD G2 Lens has one XLD (extra-low dispersion) and five LD (low dispersion) elements are featured in the optical design to noticeably limit colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity, colour fidelity, and apparent sharpness.
- Spanning a useful range of telephoto focal lengths, this lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 112-320mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and affords consistent performance throughout the entire zoom range.
- One XLD (extra-low dispersion) and five LD (low dispersion) elements are featured in the optical design to noticeably limit colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity, colour fidelity, and apparent sharpness.
- Both eBAND and BBAR coatings have been applied to suppress ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast when working in backlit conditions.
- VC image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 5 stops for more effective handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions. Three separate VC modes are also available to suit various styles of shooting: Mode 1 is a balanced setting for general use and promotes both a stabilized viewfinder image and stabilized results; Mode 2 is designed exclusively for panning movements; and Mode 3 is optimized to stabilize only during capture without stabilizing the viewfinder image.
- A ring-type USD autofocus motor delivers quick and precise focusing performance to suit working with moving subjects. This motor also affords full-time manual focus control, and it is possible to focus on subjects as close as 3.1' away.
- A removable rotating tripod collar features an Arca-type compatible foot and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- A durable metal barrel uses a curved, ergonomic shape for easy handling, and both the zoom and focus rings are textured for improved grip.
- The rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- An electromagnetic diaphragm is used for more precise and consistent exposure control, especially when shooting at high continuous shooting rates.
Compatible with optional TAP-in Console for fine-tuning select focusing adjustments and for updating lens firmware.
|Focal Length||70 to 200mm|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Angle of View||34° 21' to 12° 21'|
|Minimum Focus Distance||3.12' / 95 cm|
|Optical Design||23 Elements in 17 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Tripod Collar||Removable and Rotating|
|Filter Size||77 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.46 x 7.6" / 87.88 x 193.04 mm|
|Weight||3.31 lb / 1.5 kg|